Friday, August 13, 2010

First Day of School!

Chloe started Pre-K this year and she is so excited. I thought that this may be an adjustment for her because she was starting some place new, and she was going to have to make new friends and meet new teachers.

I was wrong. She loves it. She loves everything about her new school. She loves her teachers most of all. She was SO excited to go that I had no problem getting her up and out the door in record time! Before we left for her first day of school she wanted to pose for some pictures outside!




I do not know if she was more excited to go to her new school that has Art Class, Spanish Class, Chapel, Library, Music Class, Gym Class, and many others, of if she was more excited to get to carry her lunchbox. You see, she has never carried a lunchbox because she always a provided lunch at daycare, so this is new to her. I asked her what she wanted me to pack for her first day of school and she said, "Ummmmm, I think.....I think.....prolly (probably) I will have a jelly sandwich and goldfish." So guess what? She got it. Baby wants lemons, baby gets lemons!

She was moving SO fast to get to Mrs. Oldfields class that it took some bribing for me to get some pictures of her when we finally got to her school, but she gave in! Here she is outside of DA.


Some friends were getting there the same time we were and we snapped each others pictures. And yes, I know I look about 475 pounds with flat hair in this picture. I have no idea what was going on!

Anyway, I starved myself the rest of the day! We then moved on to Mrs. Oldfields classroom where she let me take her picture again....

She took her puppy with her. Her puppy stays at school all week and she gets to bring him home on Friday. She came home and said, "Mommy, puppy just misses me so much!" She is so cute. This is the FIRST TIME EVER that she has gone to school/daycare WITHOUT her Dora pillow. For those of you that know us, her Dora pillow is her security blanket and she never sleeps without it. I thought that it was going to be major drama, but it wasn't. Does this mean that she is growing up? Surely not!

When she walked into class she didn't hesitate! She got out the toys and had a great time. But, she wanted to take my picture before I walked out of her room trying to compose myself.



And that smile right there is what makes me know that my choice to put her in this Pre-K program was the right one!

When I picked her up from school she said, "Ummmmmm......Mom, I think I will prolly have tomato soup in my lunch tomorrow!" And guess what? She got it!

0 comments: