Sunday, August 1, 2010

Road Trip

Well, we decided to be spontaneous one Sunday morning. We wanted to do something fun with Chloe. I have been SO down in the dumps lately because of my job loss that it was nice to wake up and go have fun with my two favorite people. Where did we go??

Nope, not Sewanee, but we did stop there to take a picture for Uncle Patrick! I thought he may appreciate this. Sewanee was on our way, but not our final destination. After our short stop for a photo we got back in the car and headed to ROCK CITY!! Here is the princess as we arrived at Rock City.

When we entered Rock City she was determined that she was going to hold her "husbands" hand.

In case you were wondering, YES....Chloe and K did get married.....in her fantasy world! Speaking of, here are the lovebirds now!

I tell you what, Chloe loves her daddy. I have never in my life seen anything like it. In fact, I am not sure what he is going to do when she actually has a boyfriend. He is loving being her knight and shining armor!

Don't we look so cure in the See Rock City photo?


I have failed to mention how miserable hot it was outside. I mean....it was MISERABLE. Let me just say that I had sweat dripping in every single spot on my body. MISERABLE. But nothing was going to stop us from having fun. But it was time to re-hydrate. With Diet Mountain Dew. Because everyone knows that nothing quenches your thirst like carbonated, caffeinated beverages!

And for those of you who think I am a bad parent for giving her Diet Mountain Dew, oh well. Sorry! She like to enjoy the occassional taste of the greatest pleasure in all of beverage history! Actually that would be Diet Coke, but for this day it was Mountain Dew. Anyway, next up....


It was a GOOD thing that we chose the Diet drink, because I can honestly say that I do not know how some people fit throught there!

We made it to some waterfalls that were pretty K got to kiss the bride!



And we finally made it into a COOL cave where Chloe got to play in some water. I could have spent the rest of the day here because it was so cool! I actually stopped sweating and panting like a dog for 15 seconds!


The most exciting part of Rock City (besides the cold cave) was Fairyland Caverns. Chloe LOVED this part!

And the gnomes were a hit too, except she thought they were trolls!

We promised her some "diamonds" before we left Rock City, so here she is picking out her GORGEOUS diamonds!

Out trip was not over yet though, because we were headed to.....

What we did not know is that Ruby Falls is now a guided tour so we were in a group of people the entire time. But Chloe still had fun, and I was just concerned the enture time that she was going to pee in her pants! When we got inside the cave it was announced that there would be NO bathrooms until we were back at the beginning and that the guided tour was an hour long. I really did not have a plan as to what I was going to do when she said "I need to go potty, Mommy!" In fact, she did say this as soon as the guide made the announcement, but K and I ignored her!

Here are the "falls" at Ruby Falls! You cannot really see them, but they are behind us, I promise!


We were exhausted when we were done, but glad that we made the memories! We headed back home, and Chloe still loves her diamonds from Rock City!

0 comments: