Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Early Turkey Day!

K loves to cook a turkey. He just loves it. He only does it once a year, and it may be his proudest moment of the year, if you ask him. He likes for people to see it, touch it, smell it, and eat it!


We had some friends over this week for K to make his turkey, and so I made all the sides. If you remember, we did this last year. It has been a whole year since K made his turkey, so he was needing to do this! It was fun, and I am sure next year we will do it again!

Monday night I was up all night cooking, and I finished on Tuesday! All night!!! I made homemade bread, pies, dressing, broccoli cheese casserole, chocolate sheet cake, deviled eggs, creamed corn, garlic mashed potatoes, and I opened a can of cranberry sauce (you know the kind that has the can imprint on it!!!). Can you believe that I did ALL OF THIS without K's help? Yes, I did. I did not ask him one time for his help, and I expected the same in return when he was making HIS turkey. But, it didn't. I was folding laundry, he needed me. I was doing dishes, he needed me. I was breathing, he needed me. But that's okay, I was there.

So here he is cleaning out his turkey....which is the whole reason I have nothing to do with the turkey!




And here he is when it was all said and done. And to think he did this without any help at all. That's impressive!



In between helping him, I was setting the table.....









And I was placing post it notes on the food table so that I would have a spot for all the food! I try to be organized from time to time.



I forgot to take pictures of the food, probably because I was busy helping K, but just imagined that it all looked beautiful! It's probably better that way.

Here is Chloe standing by her table waiting for her friend to get there!



I loved these glycerine soaps that I got for the girls coming.



The night was fun, with lots of dishes to clean! This is after 2 loads had been done in the dishwasher.



And I'm not cooking the rest of the week because there are PLENTY of leftovers!



It was worth it though, it was a fun time!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Yummy! You are making me hungry!