Saturday, October 31, 2009

An Apple a Day.....

Guess what we did on Halloween morning? We made caramel apples! Okay, let's be honest.....we tried to make caramel apples. I bought 2 bags of caramel, and I was sick of eating it piece by piece, so we just made them! And I had the perfect helper. There is just something so fun about Chloe helping me in the kitchen. She just has so much fun!

So here goes the apple making morning! Here are all of the ingredients...there are just so many of them!



I think Chloe's favorite part was unwrapping the caramels and putting them into the saucepan. She loved this. She would say "Mommy, you do one, and Chloe do one!"




Next up....popsicle sticks in apples. And Chloe chose to wave them around for extra flavoring!




And it seems that she may have snuck a piece or two of caramel in all the business of caramel apple making!



I'm not lying....caramel apple making is hard! Chloe and I both burned ourselves. I got to capture my wound on camera.....it REALLY hurt, and if you can't see it, just imagine two huge blisters. Because they were huge....I promise. Just imagine putting your finger in HOT caramel, and being able to do NOTHING, because it was stuck on your finger!



Speaking of melted caramel, here is the little helper stirring the caramel. Once my finger was burned off I put her in charge! She did great until she put her hand on the hot burner. We are some awesome chefs!




Finally, it was time to dip and decorate the apples! HERE SHE GOES......




And we topped it off with some Halloween sprinkles!




We had so much fun, until we almost died! Maybe next year I will just eat all the caramels!

0 comments: