Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dreams Come True

Before I was pregnant with Chloe I dreamed of the little ballerina, cheerleader, soccer player, and if it was a boy the little football and baseball player. I know I know....those were my dreams! If you can remember I had Chloe in gymnastics when she was 9 months old because I wanted her to do it and she was so cute! But...we took her out because she could not walk.

But..now she can. In fact now she is involved in activities, and she loves them. On Wendesday night K and I took her to church to register her for Music and Missions. They had a little kick-off party and she got her face painted. Here she is being so good. She got not one, but two hearts on her face. One pink, and one yellow.



Chloe LOVES to go to church and "Sing about Jesus!" In Music and Missions she is going to get to learn songs, play with instruments, and learn about missionaries, make crafts, and read stories. She loved Wednesday night. We were in the missions room and she was learning how to pack a suitcase like missionaries do and she said "Momma I need my stuff to see Jesus." It was so cute. And this is her favorite song. ALMOST every time she cries this song will soothe her. I remember the night I made it up, and by made it up I mean I made up the words to go to another songs tune! K was at a friends house watching UK play in the NCAA Basketball tournament in March. I was at home with Chloe and she was just one month old. Here is the song:

Jesus Loves My Little Chloe
That's why He gave her to the world
He gave her 10 fingers and toes
Pretty blue eyes and a button nose
Jesus love my little Chloe Soooo much

Atleast once a day she will ask me to sing her the "Jesus Song", and I love singing it to her!

Guess what else started last week??? DANCE LESSONS. Chloe is now taking ballet, tap, and gymnastics at Smartt Steps. Her teacher is Miss Ashley. Here she is at home waiting to leave for "Dance Cass."



K thinks that this is a waste of money, and I think that if she likes it and it makes her happy then it is not a waste of money. With that said, you can imagine how nervous I was that she was going to kick, scream, and cry when we dropped her off!!! However, it was just the opposite. We had to exchange her "BAWAY slippers" when we got there so here she is walking into the studio with her new slippers! She looks ready to go!



She was so excited about her dance bag, tap shows, and her "BAWAY slippers" that all she said for the 20 minutes we had to wait before class was "Momma I need to go to dance cass. Momma I'm going to cass. " And on and on and on. When it was finally time we walked into the room and she sat down with the other little girls.



And then Miss Ashley lined them up in front of the mirrors. She loved looking at herself. And I must say, if I was as cute as her I would love to look at myself too!




Finally the music started and tapping was heard....except not by Chloe. It is not that she did not want to do it, but she kept looking at K and saying "MON DADDY, DANCE ME!!" She wanted K to dance with her. So when I realized that she was not going to do anything with us in there we left and went to the waiting room. That is where we will always be, but because this was the first week parents could watch for a few minutes.



However, because of her desire to dance with her daddy this is all I heard for the next 45 minutes....."She can dance with me a home!", "Look, everyone else is tapping but Chloe.", "Waste of Money.", "I bet she is still standing there!"

It was a wonderful 45 minutes! But when class was over she said "Momma I love dance!" And I loved that she loved dance! She even kissed K when we got home and said "Daddy, thank you let me dance!". And at that moment she melted his heart!

Later on I asked her to show me what she learned at dance and she put her hands on her hips and started shaking her booty, and then she spun around like a ballerina. She said "I love BAWAY momma!" Lastly, she showed me how to Sashay through my kitchen! So, I think she likes it!

2 comments:

The Garners said...

TOO CUTE!!! Oh my! Such fun times!

The Jennings said...

Your little girl is precious! Thanks for commenting on my blog! Ahhh, to have a little girl to put in tutu's. Too cute!

Gretchan