Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our Soccer Star!

Well, we had our first soccer game! It was something, to say the least. Look how cute Chloe looks before her soccer game.



She looks like she is ready to play soccer doesn't she! We got there, and she still looked ready to play!




She was even watching the other games to get in her head what she needed to do!



But then Kinley got there, and she found other things to do.....




Needless to say, they were not starters! Here are the little bench warmers with K on the sidelines.



But then it was her turn to get in the game and show us what she's made of. And that lasted maybe 1.5 seconds. I will admit, I thought she may play. I mean she looked good. Here she was. I snapped as many pictures as I could in that 1.5 seconds.



And then she needed a water break. I would be lying to you if I said I was not frustrated. I really thought she was gonna play.



From that point on she was waving flags or being held by her daddy! Her favorite thing at the game was the flags. She stood there screaming "GO TITANS GO!" I loved it, because I love cheerleading. Who knows, maybe one day she will too!



And K just couldn't resist holding her. Forget coaching, he would rather hold his soccer star!



I thought he was gonna be frustrated, but he wasn't. Even though we got killed a whole lot to nothing. But who's keeping score? I would have been if my kid was playing!

And we could not leave our first soccer game without a family picture!



A couple days after the game we went to get ice cream, and Chloe said from the back seat, "Daddy, don't forget you star." K and I did not know what she was talking about and K said, "What baby?", and Chloe responded, "Don't forget your soccer star!"

And that right there made it all worthwhile. She thinks she's playing and that is all that matters. She is our soccer star. Now when she is older, it will be time to get serious!

0 comments: