Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope that you were green. I did, but was more noticeable on me were the bags under my eyes!! Why? Well, because one f the mom's (and directors) at Chloe's daycare challenged me to a little contest. Who can make the cutest treats for the St. Patrick's Day party?? And I had to win. Plain and simple!

I had actually already made it up in my mind that I was going to BUY some cookies, not make. But, the challenge was not who could buy the cutest, it was who could make the cutest. So here it goes. Let me start by saying that I was already exhausted. I had searched and searched online for something cute and easy to make, but there was nothing. Nothing! And then at 6PM the night before I found it.

I was going to make 2 different types of cookies. Shamrocks, that were all decorated similar, but not the same. And Rainbow cookies. I thought it was a brilliant plan until I saw that when I made the dough it had to chill for 2 hours! But hey, this was a contest. For those of you who do not know what rainbow cookies are, you have to make the dough separately and color each portion!

Like this....



Looks like Play-Do! After it is chilled you make your rainbows and bake!



Cute, but exhausting!

While the dough was chilling, I got all my supplies ready to decorate my shamrock cookies.



And here they are all decorated.....




When they all cooled it was time to package them up and tie a bow around them! I thought if I put a festive bow in them, it would give me the edge in the competition!




Then it was time to pick out some clothes because "Picture Day" was the same day! This is what we decided on, because Chloe wanted to wear her brown shoes, and I was not gonna fight about that. I knew she could wear something cute with them! Don't worry, she changed into something green and her Keds after her pictures!



Don't you think she looks cute?

Anyway, here are some pictures of the party.







And in case you are wondering, here was my competition! They were yummy!



Hope everyone had a fun St. Patrick's Day and did not get pinched!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your treats are so cute and creative!!!! And love Chloe's picture outfit. I ordered that same line for Emma for this coming fall (top and pants).

Maghen said...

awww!! I miss Chloe!! I hope she had fun at the Easter party! I told Kenny I would babysit her anytime! :)

Mrs. Maghen
maghen88@yahoo.com