Monday, March 15, 2010

Bad News Bears!

Well, Chloe got beat up at school today. Bless her heart. This has happened once before at our last daycare, but it has been a while. We hoped it would not happen again! But, it did.

SO....this is how it all played out. I got to daycare to get Chloe this afternoon. Mrs. Maghen looked at me and said, "I have some bad news." I replied, "What?" Before Mrs. Maghen could even answer, Chloe said "Grant pushed me against the trash can, on the floor and put his hands on my neck." And if you know Chloe, you know that she is VERY dramatic.

So I just kissed her and went to talk to the teacher. Apparently, Chloe was definitely not being over dramatic. Mrs. Maghen told me that Grant (except she did not tell me who did it, she is not allowed to. Chloe told me who did it.) pushed Chloe onto the floor, and got on top of her with both of his hands around her neck, choking her. It broke my heart.

The teachers said she had a really bad red mark because he was apparently squeezing hard, but that she was more frightened than anything. He only had her for a second.

In fact, she was SO SCARED that another teacher had to come and get her out of the room until she calmed down. Chloe then told Miss Nikki that ice would make her better, and they got her ice. This is the second time that this little boy has done this in two weeks. Last week he hurt another kid, and this week Chloe. He may be finding himself a new daycare soon.

Right now we just have to hope that this is not the type of behavior he is seeing at home.

Chloe is okay, just kinda clingy at the moment, but she is fine. Bless her sweet heart!

1 comments:

The Garners said...

Oh, I am so sorry. That is horrible for her. I hope she is okay.

Like you, I pray that isn't what the little boy sees at home.