Sunday, September 14, 2008

My "Fair" Lady

Yesterday, K and I thought that it would be a GREAT idea to take Chloe to the Tennessee State Fair.  Bad Idea!  I should have known, because I am from Memphis.  We have a huge, fun, greasy food, petting zoo, CROWDED fair.  Tennessee State Fair......NOT SO MUCH!  We should have known by the lack of advertising that this was not going to be a big fair....more like a parking lot "carnival."  


You can see the excitement in Chloe's face as we head into the state fair.




As we walked into the fair, all the workers immediately began trying to persuade us to come play their game. One of them even told K, "If your wife won't bite, I'll give you a free game!" Seriously??? Nobody was there, they were trying to give the prizes away. K gave into the peer pressure and tried to pop balloons to get Chloe a prize.




Sadly, even her puppy would not make her smile. She even knew this place was filthy. But because we had already wasted $60 we were not leaving until we had spent our tickets. So, K took Chloe on the carousel. She did crack a smile on the horse!





After the carousel we headed to the cars. They would not let us ride with her so she went solo on this ride. I am pretty sure that she did not know what was going on! I have to admit that I was a little nervous that she was going to try and get out of the car during the ride. But, she did great!




When Chloe was through with the car ride, she headed to the roller coaster with her daddy. It did not look like it went fast, and it did not look too bumpy so we gave it a whirl.



That was a bad idea. SHE FREAKED OUT! In fact, they had to stop the roller coaster and let her and K off because she was freaking out! Oh well....now we know! I took the opportunity to capture her freaking out on her first roller coaster.



Then, we decided it was time to head home. Chloe was so exhausted that she fell asleep drinking her water.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The roller coaster pics made me laugh. you are so like me... they may be freaking out and hating whatever it is, but I am going to get a picture, dangit! : )

Missed you last monday! You gonna be back on the 22nd?

Sarah said...

Well, at least you tried the fair! The pics are cute! Chloe looks so different from when I saw her last. She is growing up too fast!!!!