Saturday, May 3, 2008

No Pain, No Gain

It just hit me yesterday when I was going to pick up Chloe from school that it has been over a month since they have called me and told me I had to come and pick her up within the hour because she had a fever.  Let me preface this by saying, that she rarely acted sick, she just had puss constantly coming out of her ears from an ear infection.  This caused a major problem, because when she had a fever she could not go back to school fro 24 hours.  And she was not even contagious!!!!!   I took her to the pediatrician at least once a week for months....it gets expensive.  Finally when she reached her 1st birthday, and this continued, they agreed to send her on the the ENT, Dr. Cate.  On my birthday, April 2, she had tubes put in her ears, and would you believe me when I tell you, not an ear infection in sight since then.  Now I realize that I am jinxing us by saying that, but I cannot believe how much the tubes have helped her.  Chloe was a great patient, and although she was miserable when she woke up from the anesthesia, as soon as she got home and in her bed, all the pain went away.  She has been perfect ever since.  Because I am "psycho mom" I have a picture to commemorate the day that Chloe's ear infections disappeared......at least for the time being.



0 comments: