Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's Hard to Believe How Big She is.....

Today, baby Chloe turns 15 months. What a fun time this past fifteen months have been. This morning, Chloe had to go to her "oh-so-dreaded" well baby check up. In just three short months, she has hit an unbelievable growth spurt. I mean, I knew she was getting heavy, but man oh man.....she is REALLY filling out. One thing is for sure, she has caught up in weight 100%. So hear is the outcome of her 15 month check up: Weight- 23 lbs. 13 oz, Height- 28 1/2 inches long. Since her 12 month visit she has gone from the 5th% in weight to the 50th%. Yes, you read this correctly. That is NOT a typo.......the 50th%. My sweet 4 pound baby girl has caught up, and even though I am so happy that she has caught up, it saddens me because she has gotten so big, so fast. For her height, she is still in the 5th%. Bless her heart, she is short and stocky. Or as I like to call it..."stout." At 15 months, the only thing Chloe is behind in is walking. She can hold my hand and walk, she can hold on to the table and walk, but she decides that she can get places faster crawling. Other than that, Dr. E says that "she is perfect!" I agreed, and then it happened......the nurse walked in with the shots. It was all downhill from there. Chloe was perfectly happy until the nurse rubbed her first arm with alcohol. Then the shot came, then it was repeated on her other arm. This was not a pretty sight. See for yourself!

So here it goes. I am going to list 15 things that I love about Sweet Baby Chloe:

  • I love the way she wakes up in the morning and I can hear her talking and playing in her bed. When I go back to pick her up she is so excited she jumps from one side of her bed to the other, always with a huge grin on her face.

  • I love the way she dances whenever music comes on. She will stop what she is doing if she hears music, stand up, and dance.

  • I love that way she says "DaDa" and smiles when K walks in the room.

  • I love the way that she gets her tea pot and tea party dishes out, and brings me a plate and a fork so that I will have a tea party with her.

  • I love the way that no matter how hard our day is, her laugh can light up our faces.

  • I love the way that no matter what she is eating she shoves three or four pieces in her mouth at a time. She uses her hand to make sure nothing falls out of her mouth.

  • I love the way that when I pick her up from day care, she is so excited to see me that she immediately starts laughing and crying at the same time until I pick her up.

  • I love the way that she is so well behaved (right now) that we can take her everywhere.

  • I love the way that she can sit and play with her toys for hours, and everything always seems new to her.

  • I love the way that she waves and says "hi" to the golfers when we are outside playing. She makes sure that the golfers hear and acknowledge her.

  • I love the way that when she is tired, she just looks at me and rubs her eyes. When I take her to her bed she just cuddles with her lamb immediately.

  • I love the way that she tries to pet the dogs. She will slowly hold out her hand and extend her arm and barely touch one of our dogs. If they do not move, and she touches them she is ecstatic.

  • I love the way that she loves her daddy.

  • I love the way she finds comfort is me.

  • I love the fact that God loves her.


  • I cannot wait to see what the next fifteen months has in store for our family.

    0 comments: