Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm Back.....again!

I just cannot stay current on my blog lately. It is harder that I thought. However, this time, I do have an excuse. I think it is a good excuse, but you can decide for yourself.

For those of you who do not know, I hurt my neck. I thought I maybe had just slept wrong, or pulled some muscles. NOT SO MUCH! I went to the doctor to find out I had a herniated disc, AND some nerve damage. And to make it better, my only option was surgery because of the nerve damage. And in case you are wondering, I do not know how I did this. I can make up a story if you want me to though.

Anyway, my surgery was scheduled for Jan. 11. The Friday before I started feeling under the weather. The day of, I started planning my funeral. I went to my family doctor to discover that I had mono. Thanks. Thanks so much for the good news. Needless to say, surgery was postponed.

During my week of death, I got a virus in my mouth, a cough that I am pretty sure made me crack my rib, and an ingrown fingernail that got infected. And if you are laughing, let me tell you......my finger was NOT pretty!

So welcome Jan. 18. I was checking into the hospital to have my surgery no matter what. My surgeon was going to have to come in and tell me, "I am so sorry Heather, but if we operate on you, chances are very likely that you will die." That would have made me consider postponing again. You know, because I have a 2 year old daughter and a husband that like having me around, sometimes!

But....he didn't say that. Instead he almost cancelled my surgery because of my ingrown fingernail. Imagine that. But, after a few strength tests, he realized he could not wait any longer and off to the OR I went. An hour later, I was on the road to recovery.

So, with that said, can you forgive me for being lazy with my blog? If not, I will show you my incision across my throat and see if you will re-think your decision.

On another note...I will continue updating my blog. I am working backwards, so I will have one more post from Christmas, and then will start January.

1 comments:

The Garners said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you are better and back to party planning!!!