Friday, November 14, 2008

Family Fun Night #4

In case ya'll have never read my blog, you may think that I like DORA. You could not be more wrong. In fact...I strongly dislike DORA. I still do not understand why it is smart for kids to learn Spanish before English, but that is a whole different can of worms. I cannot solve all the world's problems today...we will leave that to Barack!! Did I say that???

Anyway, we had a Mexican/Dora themed Family Fun Night! We had fun. Chloe was in heaven when she woke up from her nap and went to the kitchen only to be surprised with this......



I had Dora placemats, Dora Napkin Rings, and even Dora name tags.






I even cut the Dora's out and taped them to sticks so that Chloe could wave them around!


So...what did we eat you ask? Well, mexican food of course! I made enchiladas, and BOUGHT rice, beans, queso, salsa and chips! And I served it with the famous "HOT PLATE HOT PLATE!"


For dessert I made cookie/brownie bars, because I am not a fan of Mexican desserts. I had already given in to one think that I did not like (Dora) so I think it is okay to not give into another!


After dinner, K and I played Tic Tac Toe on our placemat, while Chloe waved her Dora dolls around!




One thing that was not captured by camera is that K downloaded "Dora's Party Jams" on the Ipod, and it was hard for Chloe to concentrate on eating cause she was dancing the whole time in her chair! So cute!

I am even starting to like Dora because Chloe likes her so much! Does that mean that I will like the french horn if that is what she chooses as an extracurricular activity???

0 comments: