Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day at the Skate Center

On Labor Day, K and I decided to take Chloe skating with some of our friends. We knew that she was not going to be able to skate, but we thought that she may enjoy the loud music, snacks, games, and watching people skate by.

The problem was.....most people were not skating by, but they were busting on their behinds! It was hilarious. I remember growing up and having multiple birthday parties at East End skating rink. I do not mean to toot my own horn, but I was not a bad speed skater! I mean anyone with pink wheels on their skates, big plastic glasses, and 80's bangs will look good skating.

People just do not take skating as seriously as they did when I was growing up. But hey, I still have it! Here are some pictures of Chloe having fun at the skating rink!






Even though we were specifically told that we were not allowed to take the stroller out on the skate rink, or carry her in our arms while we were skating, we decided to do it anyway. The fact that they did not have skates to fit her should not be our problem. What is the worst they are going to do?? Kick us out?? Oh well, I guess we will be kicked off that skate team we signed up for! K took Chloe skating, and even to do the hokey pokey! The pictures are not great because they were shaking it all about too fast!






Next time we go skating, maybe K would have perfected his stopping skills!




We will not be entering any couples skate competitions any time soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather

She is so cute! When will u be in Memphis next....